Radiology, Costa Rica
Master on Rheumatology Ultrasound, Argentina
Expert on Ultrasound, Spain
MSK MRI, USA
Radiology Teacher, Costa Rica
Prof. Philippe Peetrons is Head of Medical Imaging Department in Hopitaux IRIS SUD, biggest public hospital in Brussels, Belgium.
Dr. Peetrons held different positions: Chairman of the Royal Belgian Radiological Society and Chairman of the Section Ultrasonography of the Royal Belgian Radiological Society.
He is actually Professor in Medical Imaging in the Free University of Brussels
He is a member of European Society for Skeletal Radiology and board trustee of the Ultrasound Subcommitttee of this Society, Corresponding Member of the Radiological Society of North America and member of many Reviewing Committees in Ultrasound and Radiology literature.
He authored 55 papers listed in medicine and co-authored 10 books in ultrasound. He is the author of “Atlas d’Echographie du systeme locomoteur”, one of the reference books on Musculoskeletal Ultrasound in French.
He is travelling to give lectures on Musculoskeletal Ultrasound in all parts of the world and was elected in 2006 to the “Arthur Bloomfield Award” for Excellence in Continuous Medical Education, awarded by the American Academy for Continuous Medical Education (AACME)
J. Antonio Bouffard MD, or Tony to his friends, is a Bone Radiologist embedded in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine at the Detroit Medical Center (DMC) in Detroit, Michigan,U.S.A.. He is in charge of Orthopaedic & Sportsmedicine Ultrasound in the DMC, which takes care of 3 professional sports teams: the Detroit Tigers (baseball); the Detroit Pistons (basketball); and the Detroit Red Wings (ice hockey).
Tony received his Bachelor of Science ‘75 and Bachelor of Education ‘76 degrees from the University of Toronto, Canada, and was graduated MD ’80 at the Manila Central University, Philippines. He finished his Medical Internship ’81 at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, Kansas. From there, he completed his Radiology Residency ’85 at the Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, then 2 tandem Fellowships in Nuclear Medicine ’87 then Magnetic Resonance Imaging ‘88 at the University ofMichigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
A year in private practice at the Holy Cross Hospital in Detroit was followed by 2 decades working at the Henry Ford Hospital, first as a Radiology Director for the Northeast Clinics, and then as a Bone Radiologist in the Main Hospital. Finally in the DMC since 2010, he now practices Orthopaedic and Sportsmedicine Ultrasound exclusively.
His portfolio contains over one thousand invited lectures and work-shops, including abstracts and posters. He has over a dozen of peer-reviewed publications and book chapters. He has been featured in several video presentations by SonoWorld and other venues. He has been invited to lecture in 36 countries, as varied as Russia and Argentina.
Fernando Jiménez MD, PhD is a native of Toledo, which is the historical capital of Spain. He graduated from the most prestigious Spanish medical school, La Universidad Complutense de Madrid. He is a Diplomate in Sport Medicine and Physical Education and earned his PhD at the University of Cordoba, Spain, with a research on the assessment of the physiological response in simulated combat military activities.
Doctor Jimenez has worked as a consultant physician in several professional sports teams in both football-soccer as well in professional cycling, which includes the Tour de France, and for the past eleven seasons in the Spanish Professional Basketball League (ACB), as Chief Medical Officer Basketball team Fuenlabrada For 24 years.
Fernando currently serves as a Professor at the Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Castilla and La Mancha and heads the research group "Deporsalud" oriented to the study of "Sports Performance and Injury Rehabilitation”. He is also Professor in the Catholic University San Antonio of Murcia, University Pablo Olavide of Seville, and National Polytechnic Institute of Mexico. He is an expert in the sonographic diagnosis of musculoskeletal injuries, and has published several books on clinical and ultrasonographic study of sports injuries, the latest entitled 'Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, 2nd Edition' (Publisher Marban 2010). He has authored over peer-reviewed 100 publications and articles in journals of scientific interest,
He has been invited to lecture in many countries, and this list continues to grow as many more have included him in their Lecture and Laboratory Faculty. He is very much encouraged to share his knowledge of Sportsmedicine Ultrasound as he sees the dedication of many of his international colleagues applying this expertise to their patients around the globe.
Doctor Jimenez can be contacted thru the Universidad de Castilla y La Mancha.
Musculoskeletal USG, USG guided interventions
Clinical assistant in Jaslok hospital from 2000 to 2002
Consultant in Dr Joshi’s Imaging clinic, Dadar since 2002 to till date.
Consultant in USG dept ,Dr Balabhai Nanavati hospital from July 2011 to February 2013
Consultant in Innovision Imaging from May 2013 to till date
• Consultant, August 2013 – Till Now in Grayscale Imaging, KLS Memorial Hospital.
• Clinical Associate, October 2010 – July 2013 in Lifescan Imaging (3T MRI & MDCT),Mumbai
• Registrar, February 2010 – September 2010 in Department of Radiology, Sir. K. B. Bhabha Hospital, Mumbai
• Resident, July 2006 – June 2009 in Department of Radiology, Sir. Hurkisondas Nurrotumdas Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai
• Resident, February 2006 – June 2006 in Department of Radiology, Sir. K. B. Bhabha Hospital, Mumbai
• MBBS (MUHS), 1999 – 2004, Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
• DNB (Radiology), 2006 – 2009, Sir. Hurkisondas Nurrotumdas Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai, Maharashtra
• MD (Radiology), 2010, University of Seychelles American Institute of Medicine (USAIM)
• International Diploma in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound – 2016, UCAM
• Role of Ultrasound in the assessment of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) – Post Graduate Dissertation
• Pictorial essay : Ultrasonography in tennis leg – Indian Journal of Radiology & Imaging, November, 2010
• Ankle Anatomy & Ultrasound Evaluation of Common Ankle Pathologies – The requisites – Journal of IFUMB, October,2015
• Getting Started with Ultrasound of the Shoulder Joint – Ultrasound Anatomy of the Shoulder - Journal of IFUMB, October,2015
32 Years in General Radiology & Cross Sectional Imaging
• Consultant Radiologist & Ultrasonologist: Centre for Diagnostic Imaging – Eclat Polyclinic.
• Director & Radiologist: Lifescan Imaging Centre Division of cross sectional Imaging, 3T MRI & Multislice CT Scan Centre.
• Chief Honorary Radiologist & Ultrasonologist : K. B. BhabhaMunicipal Hospital, Bandra (W).
• Head and co-ordinator of department of MRI LilavatiHospital.
• Honorary Consultant in M.R.I. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital.
• Honorary Radiologist, IIT Hospital Powai Mumbai.
• S3 MRI centre low field MRI Imaging Centre, Malad.
• Won “Certificate of Merit Award” for scientific educational exhibit at Radiological Society of North America 2011 Chicago U.S.A. on Topic “Biceps tendon & Muscle injuries sonography evaluation.
• Won Bombay Orthopedic Society Book Award for “Step-by-Step Shoulder Sonography” – Wiroc 2011.
• Won 1st Prize for Best Poster Presentation International Congress of Radiology 1998 on Topic “Shoulder Ultrasound Technique of Scanning.
• Won 2nd Prize for best electronic exhibit in “International Skeletal Society” Conference 2008 on topic “Multimodality Imaging of Muscular Cysticercosis”.
• Oration Awarded 9th Ashwin Khartter Memorial oration lecture on 5th October 2008.
• Presentation Poster on Topic of “Rotator Cuff Tear” Ultrasound & Arthroscopy correlation International Congress of Radiology 1998.
• Invited speaker “Imaging of Neurocysticserosis and Tuberculosis of Brain” Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit U.S.A.
• Co-ordinator of “Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Workshop” IRIA conference January 2007
• Invited as a Guest Speaker at many local and National Medical Organization.
• Published Book on :Step-by-step sonography of Shoulder”- Jaypee publication.
• “Imaging of the Tennis Leg”Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging 2011.
Practice: Physician / Surgeon
Location: Abhipray Ultrasound Centre,Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400072, India
Sub-Speciality: Radiology - General
Sub-Speciality: Radiology / Sonology
A Radiologist in private practice now for almost twenty years , I am Heading the Department of Radiology of a Central Delhi Multi-specialty Sanjeevan Hospital. I am also attached to Max Hospital, Panchsheel, as Specialist Consultant, Musculoskeletal Ultrasound .We are extending Conventional Radiology, Colour Doppler USG with Peripheral studies, Whole body CT scan and Mammography here.
The objective I have followed through the years has been to keep striving to broaden my horizon whilst sharing my professional experience, and also meet newer challenges, whichever Organization I’d be in. I believe in keeping my practice board based to give me enough opportunities to enhance my knowledge and skills to achieve organizational goals .
• M.B.B.S | 1984 | G.R.M.C.- Gwalior (M.P.)
• M.D. Radio-diagnosis | 1993 | G.R.M.C.- Gwalior (M.P.)
• Diploma in musculoskeletal ultrasound from UCAM, University of Murcia, Spain 2015.
• Post-Graduate Diploma in Hospital Management| May,2011|Medvarsity, Apollo Hospitals(PGDHM)
• Max Hospital / Medicare, Panchsheel, New Delhi
• Sanjeevan Hospital, Ansari Road, New Delhi.
1. Life member IRIA (Indian Radiological and Imaging Association) D-92 A
2. Life member IFUMB (Indian Federation of Ultrasound )
3. Member Global Association of Physicians of Indian Origin. (Gapio- 000558 /18/7/12)
4. AIUM International e-member